Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Packing Woes

Just started packing for my trip back to the States and the same thing that hits me every time I pack has struck yet again......

I have too much stuff!

I'm bringing back two big bags. Add to that another 3 huge boxes that are already in US. 3 years ago I came to the States with 2 bags, and transferred to Drake with 2 bags a year later. Doing good so far. Then when I graduated from Drake I have 5! Hmm.. something must have went awry those 2 years.

Specifically I have too many clothes (3 boxes worth to be exact). Half of them I rarely wear and another 10% I haven't worn in a year. What is very frustrating is when I pack, I still bring that 10% along because what IF one fine day I need to wear it and I didn't bring it along? Naturally this scenario never happens because that 10% stays unworn. Dilemma here: unworn because it's too uncomfortable/ small/ big/ slutty-like/ aunty-like/ has weird color, but can't bear to throw it away because it's still in very good condition.

Which is why my wardrobe is full of clothes, and yet I can still feel that I have nothing to wear. Argh! Maybe I should take a leave out of the little brown dress project. This woman actually wore the same brown dress everyday for a year. She hasn't went shopping for clothes for almost 2 years. I'm so impressed. But I don't think I want to do that.

So instead from today until next July, I will...

  • not buy any clothes or accessories, unless it's something I don't have and I need it for work, e.g. a good bag. Work is the key word here.
  • make a shopping list before I go grocery shopping and STICK to it
  • browse through catalogs only ONCE and recycle immediately
My goal for next July when I move once again: My life's possessions have to fit in 5 boxes or less.

2 comments:

  1. Haha....

    Nvm la... i think here got guys who hav more stuff than u hav so no biggies...


    If GUYS got more stuff than Girl... then..... =.=

    hehehehhe... stay cool n hav fun.

    p/s: blanja me makan when come DSM :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell you what. The guy is ......ERIC NG Yang JIAN!!!!! haha.

    ReplyDelete